Saturday, February 28, 2009

Nights in Rodanthe



I had high hopes for this movie. Richard Gere and Diane Lane always seem to have the best on screen chemistry, as seen in their previous film Unfaithful. Undoubtedly, Nights in Rodanthe is a love story. The beginning of the movie is a little slow. The plot takes a while to develop, leaving you wondering if you should continue watching it. At the same moment you are tempted to turn it off, the plot gets a little more interesting and you are wondering what is going to happen. 

Diane Lane's character is a sweet mother of two who deserves a good man, which is exactly what you expect to happen for her. Richard Gere's character is somewhat of a hardened soul in search of guidance. The two meet and create a relationship that you know they both deserve. He is able to soften his heart and is able to find his way. 

At this point in the movie, the viewer is hooked! Unfortunately, the ending is not what you expect. I was very disappointed with the ending, which left me a little depressed. I don't get it! Don't we get enough of real life on a day to day basis?? I don't know about you, but I watch movies to escape reality, not get a heavy dose of it! I expect fantasy and happy endings. If you feel the same, don't watch it. Again, don't take my word for it, judge for yourself.

2 comments:

  1. I agree that the movie was a bit slow at the beginning, but it was worth it. I liked the reality aspect in this film (maybe because I’m going to be a doctor one day…). Nevertheless, it is also nice to watch a movie with a happy ending. At least this movie adds diversity to the movie watching audience…everything can’t have a happy ending.
    I enjoy reading all of your blogs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, this movie definitely put a spin on the happy endings expectancy. I wish you luck in pursuing a career as a doctor, that is amazing! We need more people in the medical field. Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete