Sunday, March 22, 2009

Twilight


I waited untilTwilight came out on DVD to watch it. I usually stay away from hyped up movies, but I had many of my friends tell me that this movie was amazing, so I watched it. This movie is romantic and draws you in. Who would have thought that a love affair between a vampire and a teenaged girl could be so entertaining? When I began watching the movie, I started to wonder why everyone was so obsessed with it. Ten minutes later, I was hooked! It draws you in unexpectedly. "Edward" is the vampire that you cannot help but love. By the end of the movie, you desperately hope that "Bella"(the teen) could transform into a vampire, so that they can be together forever. This is by far the most romantic and thrilling movie I have seen. Again, no spoiled endings here...BUY IT!!! IT IS WORTH THE MONEY!!

4 comments:

  1. I am a fan of the books and I was originally a little skeptical of watching the movie, but I was proven wrong. I still believe that the book is better than the movie, but the movie was cast very well, fitting the characters' personalities. I agree that the movie is very romantic, and I would suggest it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have also heard that the books are even more amazing, if only I had time for books!! Friends of mine have read all of the books and have said that you are able to better understand the story and that Bella's scent is stronger than the normal humans. This is why Edward is so drawn to her and tries to keep his distance in the beginning, he wants to eat her!! This is an amazing story. I can tell it is a good movie when someone can take a love story between a vampire and a human and out do The Notebook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen this movie but I am a little curious to see what all the hype is about. I hear other students talking about it in class and discussing the enormous book. I don’t see how they have time to read a book that size during the semester…I wish. I’m with you when it comes to staying away from the hyped movies but it’s everywhere!! I really enjoyed reading your review of this movie so I guess I’m be renting the DVD. I heard the book is better than the movie but I don’t have the time to read a book that size right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read the books, but my girlfriend made me watch this the other night. I didn't really like the movie, but I did think it had some effective moments. I thought the "piggy back ride scene" was weird. The climax worked well, but overall didn't like it. My girlfriend, who is a huge fan of the books thought the movie didn't translate well to the big screen.

    ReplyDelete