Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button


Overall, this was a great movie! The beginning of the movie was a bit confusing and I was left wondering where exactly these characters fit into the movie. Approximately 5-10 minutes into the movie, I began to put the puzzle together. The idea that anyone could age in reverse is mind-boggling (kind of like the idea of a human and vampire falling in love). Brad Pitt did an amazing job portraying his character Benjamin and I have to admit he earned some of his credibility back in my eyes. I had lost all respect for him after the Angelina Jolie incident and it was hard for me to enjoy his movies (I know that is kind of weird). The journey that Brad's character embarks upon is incredible and I would recommend that when this movie comes out on DVD to buy it!

3 comments:

  1. Marisa, I agree with you that this was a really interesting movie! I went into it not really knowing to expect (with the whole "aging backwards" thing), but it turned out to be really well done... it was surprisingly believable. The only complaint that I had about it was that it was so long! I think it could have been a little shorter and it still would have been a great movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Benjamin Button is one of those amazing movies that I NEVER want to see again.

    I also thought Brad Pitt did an amazing job- all of the acting was incredible and the cinematography was absolutely astounding. However, the movie left a knot in the pit of my stomach. While I am really, really glad that I saw it in the theater- I do not think I would ever buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like one of this films that people will either love or hate. I want to see this when it comes out on DVD. The three hour running time kept me out of the theater. Good review and comments.

    ReplyDelete