Sunday, April 19, 2009

Breakfast at Tiffany's


I have read the book Breakfast at Tiffany's about 3 times now and have seen this movie twice. The movie is elegant and depicts the lifestyle of a girl desperate to be something more. Every morning, Audrey Hepburn's character grabs coffee and a scone and stand in front of the window at Tiffany's, which is a high end jewelry store. She stands and admires the beautiful pieces of jewelry and imagines what the life of the women trying on the jewelry must be like. She lives in a one bedroom apartment with her cat and is aching for a better more extravagant life. I enjoyed the book so much more than the movie. Anytime I read the book first, the movie does not live up to my expectations. The movie is good, don't get me wrong, but the book allows for you to really in-vision Audrey's character "Holly" and you really get a feel for what she is going through.

No comments:

Post a Comment