Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Yes Man


Yes man turned out to be areally good movie. I'm not really a big Jim Carey fan, his stuff is usually over done and a little much for my taste. My fiance actually talked me into watching this movie tonight and I figured I would give it a chance. I was laughing from beginning to end in this movie! It is not just a comedy, but it is also a movie that makes you think and evaluate your own life. I began to wonder how many things I was missing out on by being afraid to say yes. In this movie you are able to see the transformation of Jim Carey's character "Carl" as he begins to realize that he was not really living his life. The viewer is also able to see that saying yes to one situation brought him into a bunch of other situations that led to some amazing experiences and the making of lasting friendships. I would recommend that everyone see this movie, especially if you are having a hard time. The meaning of the movie is upbeat and gives hope to those of us who at times feel like there has got to be more to life than the hum drum hassle we go through everyday.

2 comments:

  1. I did not like this movie and I usually love Jim Carrey's work. I didn't even laugh that much. I thought the premise was too similar to Liar Liar and didn't really offer anything original. I also didn't like all the obvious product placement, like the Red Bull jokes. Seemed like a shameless way for Jim Carrey to make millions. I'm mad I gave him my money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a big Jim Carrey fan either and I also fell that his movies are a little over the top. Having said that I may give it a chance like you did.

    ReplyDelete