Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Day the Earth Stood Still


This movie had potential, unfortunately, it turned out to be really disappointing. I am not a big fan of Keanu Reeves, so that did not help my perception of the movie. The theme of the movie is that the Earth is in danger of destruction and that the only way to save it is to destroy the human race. Ugh, really? I never like movies that try to push their views on you. I agree with "going green" and saving our planet, but as a movie theme...I think not. I WOULD NOT recommend seeing this movie, unless you have seen everything else that is on the shelf at Blockbuster.

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad you posted a review on this! I have seen the old version of the movie and loved it, but was curious about the remake. Now I know to just stick to the original.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads up, I wanted to see this when it came out but never got around to it. I guess I'll save my $5.00 and rent something else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the review I am on the fence on if I will see it or not.

    ReplyDelete